Monday, August 20, 2012

For Such A Time As This

I was reading in the book of Esther this morning and was reminded how there are many seasons in our life. Who knew, but God at that time, that Esther was made queen for such a time as to save her people, the Jews.

Has God led you to a place where you need to make a fresh start? I certainly have been. I'm not 100% sure of what or where that is yet, but, like Esther, I won't completely be sure until I take a step of faith and continue in the path I see ahead.

"For if you remain completely silent at this time, relief and deliverance will arise for the Jews from another place, but you and your father's house will perish. Yet who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?"     Esther 4:14

"But I don't like fresh starts", you say. Neither do I, especially as I get older.

Maybe you're in the place where God is showing you it's time for a fresh start. Maybe He's showing you it's time to give up that addiction, step out of that relationship, check your finances, or move toward that lost dream. It could be starting your own business, or writing a book (or in my case, finishing the book He told you to write years ago). The important thing is to start right now, where you are, if that's what God is telling you. There's nothing wrong with new beginnings, especially when God directs them.

"Go, gather all the Jews who are present in Shushan, and fast for me; neither eat nor drink for three days, night or day. My maids and I will fast likewise. And so I will go to the king, which is against the law; and if I perish, I perish!"     Esther 4:16

Esther was not afraid to perish, if that's what it would take to follow God. Is He telling you to get up and get on with your dream, your vision, your assignment, or your life? Do what you need to do. It may not be easy. It might take some time. But trust God and go for whatever it is. For how else would you know that it is for such a time as this?

Blessings,
Barbara

No comments: